A burger is good; a ginormous burger is better. These turkey burgers are packed with shredded zucchini and flavorful herbs and spices to satisfy your appetite and your goals. You may even get your kids to eat their vegetables!
Please note that the most important key to the success of this recipe is in squeezing out ALL of the liquid from the zucchini. A clean kitchen towel works best but paper towels will do too. This will keep your burger moist without being soppy. Be sure to temp it too, as the added vegetables to increase cooking time.
Once you have cooked this recipe a few times you can play around with the addition of other veggies and spices. Shredded carrots and cilantro for a Mexican flair or peppers and onions like the Lean & Healthy Chicken Philly Burger.
These burgers are even great cold and make for a quick leftover, grab -n- go meal. It’s your vegetables and protein all in ONE!
This recipe is adapted from the Racing Weight Cookbook – one of my absolute favorite cookbooks!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, green parts only, finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat grill to medium.
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out ALL the water.
- Mix the zucchini and all of the remaining ingredients together and form 4 patties.
- Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place turkey burgers on the foil and grill for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees.
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.