If you haven’t noticed yet, I have really like burgers. After all, who wouldn’t like a meal regularly served with French fries? These Lean & Healthy Chicken Philly Burgers pack a real punch of flavor with sauteed peppers and onions and a hint of shredded cheese. Just about any meal would be made better with that addition.
We have burgers once every week or two. You can even schedule them into your weekly dinner rotation with Dinner Themes. With so many varieties of burgers, like these California Cobb Turkey Burgers or these Ginormous Lean & Great Turkey Burgers, you won’t get tired of having burgers on the regular either!
They are always a hit served with a side of baked fries and salad. Hubby and the kiddo love them on these Udi’s Whole Grain Hamburger Buns and I eat mine atop a salad or in a lettuce wrap. You can freeze the burgers cooked or uncooked, for an easy meal in a couple of weeks.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 16oz lean ground chicken
- ½ tablespoon Worchestire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a small saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in peppers and onion and saute until crisp-tender. Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Allow vegetable mixture to cool.
- Mix together the vegetables with the remaining ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Place turkey burgers on the foil and grill for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reached 165 degrees.
Brandice Lardner is a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, Author, and Jesus Girl whose mission in life is to help women ditch the diet mentality and find peace with food and their bodies so that they are better equipped to do the great things God has called them to do.