Pizza for breakfast! No, it’s not a college flashback, this is a healthy and tasty dish for any time of the day. Hot or cold, you’ll love it served aside fresh fruit or a salad.
We really enjoy Applegate products and use their Mini Turkey Pepperoni in this dish.
Having an oven proof pan makes this recipe very easy. However, if you do not have one, you may saute your veggies and then add your eggs to a 8″ or 9″ square glass baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You may need to cook a bit longer, as the dish will not be hot to start. Muffin tins are also an option for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
This post contains affiliate links. See the full disclosure here.
Here is a link to the pan I love. I use it at least once a day for stir-fries and sauteed veggies. Having a trusty pan is essential for a home cook.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1oz Applegate turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh diced tomato, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In ovenproof saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute until tender.
- Add in basil, oregano, pepperoni, and tomatoes. Stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites. Pour into pan and top with mozzarella.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until center is set.